Car Blog Banner

Car Blog Banner
3 of Diamonds - Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT) Project Blog

Thursday 28 April 2016

Last weeks post, this week. Kind of.

This week saw the return of Game of Thrones, and with it winter was no longer coming. It came. It came all over the hills where I live. And then it was gone again. And back. And gone. And back.... you get the picture. You can really tell the British summer is coming when the weather only lasts 10 minutes before changing.



So the first meme was aimed at falling in line with my opening paragraph, but I simply couldn't resist putting the second one in as well. It appealed to my inner geek too much.


It has again been a couple of weeks since  my last post again, not good enough I know, but with these wintery showers and summery blizzards the changing of the seasons hopefully marks a change in my ability to get stuck in to the project!


Speaking of which, I currently have a GTO shaped hole in my garage as she has finally been taken away today, through the blizzards, to have her stage 3 Competition Clutch fitted.

GTO shaped hole... just a said tyre impression left in the dust...


This post in truth was intended to be posted last week, she was supposed to be collected last week and I should really have had her back and running by now... sadly the same thing happened with the recovery vehicle as last time and the first one they sent was unable to tow her. Never mind. Fingers crossed I will get her back by Saturday lunchtime ready for the next e85 car meet at the weekend.

So her getting taken away meant I had to bolt in the Sparco wheel Mrs 3oD got me for xmas, here's what it looks like:

I think it is a big improvement over the ripspeed that was in when I got the car.

Before, ugly old Ripspeed wheel
After with the Sparco wheel,


So what's gonna happen when I get her back? Hopefully I should be posting from the next meet in a couple of days. Then the GTO will need a 500 mile break in for the new clutch. I already have my next mod sat waiting for an install however:

57i awaiting install

So all going well with the clutch, this should be happening in the next couple of weeks. I have the cold air kit, not just the filter, I know it wont change the BHP, I just wonna make it sound good for now! When the 500 miles are up I will do another 0-60 test to see what she she can do without bald tyres and without a slipping clutch, and then who knows from there!



If you would like to laugh at my lack of progress in real time you can follow me on social sites by clicking the links below or search the @s :

Instagram   @3ofdiamonds_GTO


Twitter   @3ofdiamonds_GTO

Facebook   @3ofdiamondsGTO

No comments:

Post a Comment